This is the kit to buy to outfit your Daft Punk helmet with full illumination! Included are the following items:
- 5(x) Matrix citcuitboards used to power the 8×40 LED matrix which displays text and patterns across the visor area
- 2(x) Circular ear puck boards for illuminating the colored rings in the ears
- 2(x) Triangular boards – left and right – which illuminate the corner light areas on the visor
- 2(x) Laser-cut clear acrylic discs for the ear puck LEDs
- 2(x) Resin cast light enclosures for the visor corners
- A PDF containing part #, quantity and specifications on all hardware needed to populate these boards with proper electronic components
These are not intended for a beginner to electronics, and they do not come with a manual or any components installed. The buyer of this item will get a download code for a PDF which will contain product numbers, quantities, and retailers where you can purchase the necessary components (chips, resistors, LEDs, etc) to populate these boards.
If you want to purchase them, you should be comfortable with SMD soldering as well as the programming needed to get these boards up and running. You’ll want to familiarize yourself with Arduino, and also with the MAX7219 (or MAX7221) chips. More information about these can be found here for programming, or here for hardware and schematics.
Note: These are my V2 boards and are much easier to solder than the V1 boards. If you choose to also order the LED Matrix subvisor from my store, the holes in the upper visor align with the mounting holes in these boards. Images of finished boards shown below are for reference only, actual printed boards will be purple with gold solder pads. Image of subvisor and fans is for reference only and are not included in purchase of this pack.
Circuit boards are made-to-order and take approximately 14 business days for production before they can be shipped.